The Ring Video Doorbell is a popular smart home device that allows you to see and speak with visitors at your front door using your smartphone or tablet. It has a 1080p HD video camera with infrared night vision and a wide-angle lens, so you can see a clear view of your front porch even in low light conditions. The doorbell also has two-way audio, so you can communicate with visitors through the app on your device.
One of the standout features of the Ring Video Doorbell is its motion detection capabilities. You can customize the motion detection settings to receive alerts when motion is detected in specific areas or at specific times. This can be useful for keeping an eye on your home when you're away or alerting you to any suspicious activity.
The Ring Video Doorbell also has a built-in siren that you can activate remotely through the app if you see any suspicious activity. This can help deter potential burglars and give you peace of mind when you're not home.
The Ring Video Doorbell is easy to install and comes with all the necessary mounting hardware. It can be powered by a standard doorbell wire or with the included rechargeable battery pack.
Overall, the Ring Video Doorbell is a reliable and convenient smart home device that can give you peace of mind and help you stay connected to your home even when you're away.
How to Set up Video Ring Doorbell:
To set up your Ring Video Doorbell, you'll need a smartphone or tablet with the Ring app installed, a Wi-Fi connection, and a standard doorbell wire or the included rechargeable battery pack. Here's a step-by-step guide to setting up your Ring Video Doorbell:
- Download and install the Ring app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to your Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the Ring app and follow the on-screen instructions to create an account.
- Press the orange button on the back of the doorbell to enter setup mode. The light on the front of the doorbell will flash orange.
- In the Ring app, select "Set Up a Device" and follow the prompts to connect the doorbell to your Wi-Fi network.
- If you're using the included rechargeable battery pack, install it by sliding it into the back of the doorbell. If you're using a standard doorbell wire, remove the cover plate from the back of the doorbell and connect the wire to the terminal screws.
- Follow the prompts in the app to complete the setup process, including mounting the doorbell to your wall.
- Once the setup is complete, you can customize your settings and start using your Ring Video Doorbell.
If you encounter any issues during the setup process, you can check the Ring support website for troubleshooting tips or contact customer support for assistance.
Ring Video Doorbell Pros and cons:
- 1080p HD video camera with infrared night vision and a wide-angle lens for clear views of your front porch
- Two-way audio allows you to communicate with visitors through the app on your device
- Customizable motion detection settings for receiving alerts when motion is detected in specific areas or at specific times
- A built-in siren can be activated remotely through the app
- Easy to install with all necessary mounting hardware included
- Can be powered by a standard doorbell wire or with the included rechargeable battery pack
- Some users have reported connectivity issues with the device
- The battery may need to be replaced after a year or two of use
- Some users have reported that the motion detection can be a bit too sensitive, resulting in false alerts
- The device is not compatible with all types of doorbell wiring, so it may not be suitable for all homes
- The subscription fees for some of the advanced features, such as cloud storage, maybe a bit steep for some users.